Hopi Ear Candling (Thermal Auricular Therapy)
Ear candling is an ancient therapy, dating back as far as 2500BC. Ear candling was used in Asia, Egypt, Greece and the Native American Indians - Hopi Tribe. The Hopi Tribe is renowned for their knowledge of healing and spiritual lifestyle.
When the Hopi candle is lit and inserted into the ear canal, it produces a gentle, local heat which softens the wax and draws it to the base of the candle. The impurities are drawn to the surface by the circulating air flow - convection. The combination of the mild heat and suction, gently massages the ear drum. This helps to alleviate incorrect pressure in the head and especially the sinuses. Facial Massage can also increase the effectiveness of ear candling by encouraging the release of toxins from the body.
The Hopi candles are made with 100% beeswax, honey extract, sage, chamomile, St Johns Wort, Beta-Carotene and pure unbleached cotton.
Any recipient with an allergy to bees should not receive this treatment.
The recipient rests, lying on their side, supported with a pillow for the duration of the treatment. The treatment lasts for approximately 15 - 20 minutes per candle.
Benefits of Hopi Ear Candling
- Heat and massage stimulate the blood flow which improves condition and performance of lymph glands and stimulates energy points
- Irritations on the outer ear can be soothed and immunity strengthened by the natural herbal vapours
- Pressure within the ear is regulated by the mild suction effect
- Can aid Tinnitus
- Can aid compacted ear wax and glue ear
- Assists relief with sinus problems and hayfever allergies
- Helps to relieve headaches and migraine
- Can aid reduction of snoring
- Can aid relief of vertigo and dizziness
- Assists relief of neuralgia
- Aids relief with symptoms of colds, flu and sore throats